Thursday, December 3, 2009

Post 1, Afghanistan.

My research, I believe, was in depth in most parts but in others, I might have possibly been able to research a minuscule amount more. I am pretty confidant that my research on Afghanistan was more than a basic learning of the Afghanistan community. One thing I could have done better, than more research, was if I would have been able to find sources, the first time through, that had the information that I needed to do my project. In my research, earlier in the year, I have learned that Afghanistan is a country with many problems, but what country does not have problems? Besides the problems in Afghanistan the country is not bad. The problems in Afghanistan used to be greater, in the ways of the Taliban, but have changed and lessened greatly. Now, the problems focused on in Afghanistan are the very harsh conditions, like their problems with pollution.


My follow up on this subject of the recent election in Afghanistan is this. According to Jon Boone in Kabul and Mark Tran guaudian.co.uk, in their article "Hamid Karzi declared winner of Afghanistan's presidential election" from, http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/nov/02/hamid-karzai-afghanistan-winner-election, on, Monday November 2, 2009, Hamid Karzai had been declared the winner of Afghanistan's presidential election. Hamid Karzai had won for the reason that Abdullah Abdullah had dropped out of the election. Abdullah Abdullah stated that his reason for dropping out was "The vote would not be free or fair." Abdullah Abdullah, also, said he had to do what he did "because of the action taken by this government and the action taken by the IEC." According to Yaroslav Trofimov in Kabul and Zahid Hussain in Islamabain, form, http://online.wsj.com/public/page/afghan-elections.html since Abdullah Abdullah had dropped out, the second round of voting was cancelled.




This wide cultral learning was an all around amazing exerience for me. The reason for the amazing experience is that before this project I did not have a clue of anything happening outside of the United States. I did not even pay close attention to what was accuring in the United States but at least I knew we have elections. One of the main reasons I did my project on the elections in Afghanistan was that I did not even know that Afghanistan had elections. When I began to research the most current election in Afghanistan, I diid not know what to expect. I see now that I have been completely bling to everything happening internationally and I regret and am ashamed of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment