Monday, December 7, 2009

Post 3, Urbanization and Industrialization

I think urbanization and the industrial revolution are both good and bad things. Urbanization is the movement of people to cities. The reason I believe urbanization is a good thing is that cities provide new jobs for the growing population. Urbanization, in ways, can also be a bad thing. Urbanization can be a bad thing because the way of living was completely changing. People that moved from the farms into the cities grew up as farmers. The farmers did not have experience in the harsh working conditions of the factories and the even worse conditions of the coal and iron mines. In this industrial revolution, there were great inventions, though. There were improved methods of farming, like the seed drill, that was invented by Jethro Tull. The seed drill helped farmers by; instead of wastefully scattering seeds across the land, it placed them in rows. In addition, new sources of energy, such as James Watt's steam engines, and materials were discovered. Those are just a few of the things that happened in the industrial revolution and they are why I believe urbanization and the industrial revolution are both good and bad things.



In my opinion, I believe Tokyo would be the most interesting city, in the world, to live in. I believe that Tokyo would be the most interesting city to live in because it is a busy and bustling city. It is a great bustling city, even though it has been nearly completely destroyed twice. The first time it was nearly destroyed was by the Great Kanto Earthquake of 1923 and the second time was in the bombing of WWII. I got this information from http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/location/regional/tokyo/index.html. I see myself as always busy and I like the enormous cities. I, also, love the quiet and peacefulness of the outdoors. Tokyo has many different areas that interest me and that I would be able to go to everyday. The areas that interest me, I found on http://www.tourism.metro.tokyo.jp/english/tourists/spot/purpose/index.html. One of the areas I would enjoy to live around is around an Onsen. The Onsens are the hot springs, that you can relax in the naturally heated waters, which I believe would be an amazing relaxation or leisure time. Another relaxing area of interest to me are the mountains, because I adore their outgoing display of beauty. There is only one down side to this whole amazing life. The one down side is I do not know what kind of job I would have in such a city in Tokyo. I do not know if I would be able to afford this amazing life without a well paying job. I would still live in Tokyo, even if I did not have a wealthy paying job. I would still live there, because you do not need much money to go hiking on a mountain by yourself.

2 comments:

  1. Just needs a second source for Tokyo and please enter your sources as hyperlinks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete